Alto 2018 Year in Review
As we prepare to enter the promising New Year of the Pig, it is time to take stock and reflect on past achievements.
2018 was certainly a year that allowed Alto to grow on all fronts.
Let’s use this opportunity to review our milestones and thank our loyal clients and experts, without whom, none of this would have been possible.
Alto again provided services across the globe this year. We helped break linguistic and cultural barriers during conferences held in Australia, China, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Emirates, France, Italy, Morocco, Portugal, and the USA.
It was also the year that we celebrated Alto’s 21st birthday, with a cocktail dinner party at a Parisian venue attended by our clients and our teams.
China was in the spotlight at this event.
We were honoured to host a performance by the Grand Master Guo Gan in an exceptional collaboration with French cellist Adrien Frasse Sombet for our partners and friends to enjoy.
The creation and expansion of Alto Asia, with new offices in Hong Kong, was officially announced to our clients.
Developing a subsidiary in the leading financial centre over the past few years has allowed us to provide high-quality, timely, and up-to-date Asian language consultancy services. Our expertise in the field helps us understand our clients’ needs and imperatives in Asia better than ever.
We helped multinational conglomerates, listed companies, banks and major NGOs with their linguistic needs. On occasions, we also support artists, writers and Art Centres (Beijing’s 798) by offering solutions tailored to their means.
Close to our hearts: Rose Morant, a Swiss-French artist in Hong Kong whose magical ‘Spheres and Beams’ inspired us. “It is a journey into the invisible”
Our clientele’s fields of expertise include the following sectors:
- construction (major infrastructure projects, airports, water, etc.),
- energy (biogas, renewables, nuclear),
- finance (investment banking, annual and quarterly reports, FinTech),
- hospitality (hotel groups, luxury F&B groups),
- legal (CSR and GDPR‑related material, contracts and MoUs between European and Asian companies)
- and, of course, media (more breaking news and presidential sign language interpreting).
Close to our hearts: the Goalkeepers report. This project aims to bring leaders from around the world together to accelerate progress in ending poverty and fighting inequality. It was a pleasure – and an honour – for us to use our skills and knowledge for good causes and make a positive impact in the world.
We were also delighted to cooperate with experts in their respective fields to provide our clients with solutions and find new experts in the most diverse and specialised fields.
Our most challenging recruitment? Finding Japanese and Chinese writers with expert knowledge of Champagne to adapt French Maisons’ picturesque, and even poetic, texts.
2018 in Numbers
- Millions of words translated (but who’s counting?)
- 1399 days of interpreting provided
- Over 300 investment portfolios translated into Mandarin and Cantonese
- 11 countries where we interpreted
- 26 listed companies’ Annual Reports
- 21 years providing language consultancy services
- 3 new languages translated for our clients: Mossi, Wolof, and Amharic
- 2 offices in Europe and Asia
- 19% growth in one year (Alto International)
- 79% growth in the last 6 months (Alto Asia)
We recognise the significant role our clients and partners play in the continued success of our business. We are grateful for the partnerships we have and the relationships we cultivate. The whole Alto team would like to thank you for your support and wish you a very happy year of the pig!